"Washed" diesel problems.

battyee

In recent weeks two of my friends have been victims of the racketeering in "washed diesel". In one case the engine has been written off after only 20,000 miles. I have a background in the oil business & I would be very careful about where I bought my auto diesel.
Some retailers & truck stop operators particularly in border areas sell the lethal mixture totally undiluted whilst others will mix it with varying percentages of the legal stuff. Whilst a couple of fills will probably go unnoticed & not do too much lasting damage more frequent use will wreck your vehicle.
My advice has always been to avoid product from yards or remote filling stations unless you know & can trust the operator. Even if sold under a well known brand name & the price is not "cut price" I would stay away & buy from the large mainly company owned sites on the main autoroutes.

Read a court case in the Tullamore Tribune this week about a garage taken to court by the Revenu....this garage is on a main route to Galway!!!. The Judge spoke about them selling "illegal diesel". Check it out.

Back