Warranty on imported car from the UK

Chuckles

Hi,

Does anybody know - If you import a year old car from the UK, does the manufacturers warrany carry?

Anyone got any experience with having a problem with an imported car and having to take it to a dealer here for warranty work?

Hi

I have been involved in bringing a car to Ireland from England and the car ended up needing work done under warranty. I ended up bringing it to the North to have the work done and there was no issue with the warranty. I was told that the warranty would stand in Sth Ireland too. This was about 2-3 years ago. Hope this helps.

Thanks Speedwell... I spoke to the Dealer today and he says that, in the event the car needs warranty work (fingers crossed, it does not!) then, it will need to go back to them or to a dealer in Northern Ireland. Work will not be carried out in a S Irl garage under warranty.

Thanks again!

I suppose different brands have different warranty conditions......what brand are you purchasing..... I know in some warranty work can be carried out in NI or Southern Ireland. However, you need to be aware that some cars have different warranties, eg, could have a 2 year warranty in ROI but will have a 3 year warranty in UK.

In that case, if anything goes wrong during third year of manufacture, you will have to have the work carried out in NI/UK (possibly at place of purchase, not sure if it they are that strict)

I have an Ford S-Max bought in Scotland 2 years ago. I have had warranty work and recalls covered by Ford dealer in Galway without any hassle. Once the Chassis number is entered in the computer the dealer will confirm if it is still in warranty.

Before you buy the car ask the garage in the UK for the chassis number then call you local dealar and ask if there are any recall for this car. You can also ask them to confirm the warranty details.

Last edited:
Back