Warning: card skimming at UB Grafton St.

CCOVICH

Just received this e-mail from friend (haven't verified the content to be honest)

The Ulster Bank ATM at the end of Grafton Street has been used for
skimming cards in the last few days and was only discovered yesterday
morning. You may want to check your account if you have used it in the
last few days as there has been alot of dough removed from accounts.

I got a similar warning from a person I would consider a reliable source, so it appears it would be prudent to keep an eye open.

Yes, received a second mail just a while ago. Again, not necessarily true, but not harm in avoiding that particular ATM for a while and checking your account if you have used that ATM in recent days.

i used it exactly 1 week ago but at the time the atm said that it couldn't give out any money. i then asked for my card back. i hope i'm ok. i'm worried now. is that the one attached to the first active branch?

first active have ub atm machines attached to their branches. go check it out. liffey valley does for example.

ClubMan said:
Did you actually read the first post?

First Active are part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group too.
Ulster Bank has two ATMs on Grafton St. One of them at First Active.

Apologies. My mistake. I didn't realise FA and UB were both owned by RBOS now. :eek:

Clubman, not wanting to be pedantic but its actually just RBS not RBOS as you have said in other posts. It is HBOS and BOSI but just plain RBS. (as an employee of the group I happen to know this!)

Back