Wardrobes - sliding doors

Peachie

I've read previous posts re sliding doors and recommended companies.....I have what I think is a good quote 4.2k for a 4.1m wardrobe. Does this sound reasonable?? It's a 4 door fully fitted unit with a combination of long hanging, short hanging, open shelves and drawers of various widths, the doors are walnut veneer.
TIA

Sounds a bit expensive to me. I used slideglidedoors last year. They supplied and fitted 14ft wardrobe and floor to ceiling 12ft wide boodshelves in another room. I think it cost about 4k in total

why not buy up in ikea? get what you want... we got 2 double and 2 single wardrobes including doors (sliding) for €800 that included al drawers,shelves. shoe organisers.

I have Ikea wardrobes, not sliding door, and some sliding door ones which I bought at Lomi design. There is really no comparision in the quality. The ikea ones are fine, look good and are very functional but it took my husband 2 days to put them together, 2 people were needed some of the time for the assembly. Plus it took a day to get them and another day to get some missing bits/return wrong bits. Although the wardrobes were inexpensive they did involve 4 days labour, not everyone has this sort of time.

The wardrobes I got from Lomi are in a different category in terms of quality and design, they slide from the top so there are no runners on the ground like with sliderobes. They are also fully moveable, I have moved them from one house to another, no ill effects on the wardrobes, try doing that with ikea furniture. They are things of beauty and function, the Ikea ones are functional but not in the same beauty pagent.

So it depends what the op is looking for, if they need the service of the fitter, and what the quality is like.

We got a 12ft long floor to ceiling wardrobe with one Mirrored door as well as a fitted dressing unit and mirror for €2.5k this summer from Robe Designs in Roscommon. All fitted in one day and completely happy with job, we just need to get more clothes to fill it :p. By the way I have no connection to this company except as a happy customer

i used a company called reflect a glide. they can be found in the golden pages. they did mirrored slidropes in all my bedrooms (including the box room!) and they are fab, no complaints and very professional company. about 60% cheaper than some of the quotes i was getting.

dont have anything to do with the company by the way. just got them out of a local newspaper.

I have Ikea wardrobes, not sliding door, and some sliding door ones which I bought at Lomi design. There is really no comparision in the quality. The ikea ones are fine, look good and are very functional....
The wardrobes I got from Lomi are in a different category...They are also fully moveable, I have moved them from one house to another, no ill effects on the wardrobes, try doing that with ikea furniture.

I have a 2m wide Ikea sliding door wardrobe (two doors, one mirrored) with a combination of tall and short hanging, drawers and shelves, they were excellent value and I'm delighted with them.

Re moving them, people seem to forget that Ikea furniture is aimed at people in mainland Europe who rent unfurnished apartments where if you move you take EVERYTHING with you, even including your "fitted" kitchen (my brother did this just recently in Germany) and you definitely also take your wardrobes, so they are definitely moveable.

You can price exactly what you want if you download the Pax Planner from the Ikea website (http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/rooms_ideas/splashplanners.html) You design your perfect wardrobe and it tells you what each component costs and what the total cost is (so you can take out expensive stuff if you need to).

Back