Want to sell back gold bullion in Ireland, recommendations

MelF

Bought some physical gold before Covid (admittedly in a bittuva panic) and its value's gone sky high since, so I now want to sell a bit, mostly to see how the process goes. There's a vault place in Ballsbridge that looks legit (not cashforgold etc) and according to their website you can bring it to them to check it over, and they will wire the value within two working days.
Anyone done this and any pitfalls I need to watch for!

I'd guess watch out for low balling you based on some spurious grounds. Not specific to the business you mention but in general.

Is your gold serial numbered and in a sealed container packet from the issuer? Do you have the issuers assay document for each piece?

All this would make it harder for someone to try to low all you.

Can you sell it back to the place you bought it from?
Was planning to do that but say on their website they no longer do buybacks 'because of Brexit' - they had an irish web address but must have been a UK based co, though I don't recall any Vat/customs applicable when I bought in early 2020.

I'd guess watch out for low balling you based on some spurious grounds. Not specific to the business you mention but in general.

Is your gold serial numbered and in a sealed container packet from the issuer? Do you have the issuers assay document for each piece?

All this would make it harder for someone to try to low all you.
Yes still all serial/certified in original pack, though I've a couple of Perth mint coins also.

Why not try to sell on adverts.ie.
I would specifically recommend this site and avoid Done Deal and Facebook marketplace.
Adverts.ie works on a feedback score and you can avoid anyone with poor feedback. People are currently selling gold and silver bullion on Adverts.Ie

Why not try to sell on adverts.ie.
I would specifically recommend this site and avoid Done Deal and Facebook marketplace.
Adverts.ie works on a feedback score and you can avoid anyone with poor feedback. People are currently selling gold and silver bullion on Adverts.Ie
To be done in person? Prob a bit shady for my liking!

Back