Want to move but in large negative equity

It was the auctioneer that suggested the price of 185,000.He said that it was around this price that was getting the viewings and getting offers.

Ive checked the property price registar, and there is no sales in 2013 in my area and only 4 listed for 2012. The prices for 2012 come no where near 185,000. For 2012 the highest price is just under 130,000.Now the houses would be a bit smaller and wouldnt be to the same finish.

On a different note we heard back from KBC. The only thing they are offering in relation to an alternative solution is interest only so god only knows what they we suggesting with " we will get back to you with long term solutions".
They told us that if we stop paying the credit union and the credit card that we shouldnt have a problem affording the interest only.

Just an update, the couple that were interested in the house were put off by the fact we would need the bank's approval to sell and didn't put in an offer.

Two weeks ago, they rang enquiring had we broadband and what was it like etc so not holding my breath but they may put in an offer.

My wife's jobs seekers benefit is now gone (188 euro pw), she is now on job seekers allowance of 20 euro pw.

We never signed the interest only document from the bank as we felt it was too much and explained that we needed other options, new sfs being sent on Monday with adjustment that the wife's money is now 20 euro pw.

I am meeting with the credit union hopefully next week to see if they can further extend the loan period.

Rang the credit card company to see if they can freeze the interest they said they cant but call in to them and have a chat and they will see what they can do.

Wifes car - we really do need a 2nd car as there is no public transport what so ever where we live and we need a 2nd car so she can actually get anyway so we have to sell her car pay off her car loan and hope there is anything left over to get a run around.

I am going to request a moratorium from the mortgage provider so we can try and sort ourselves out a bit.

We really need to move at this stage my wife would stand a better chance of getting a job if we were back where we used to live, would be handier to be closer to family as well with our child as if she does get work again they would be able to help out with minding him.

Any advice on something I may have over looked ? or advice on anything that may improve our situation in anyway?

Back