Want to have uk tel number in Ireland

Not necessarily! Also one bonus to this plan will be that their numbers won't be blocked...

Ok - well in that case, exactly in what instance does the long beep ring tone occur and what instance does the regular ring-ring tone occur?

Not necessarily! Also one bonus to this plan will be that their numbers won't be blocked...

The OP's query is whether someone in the UK calling a UK mobile (while that mobile is in the Republic of Ireland) would be able to deduce the mobile's current location from any variation in the ring tone.

There's no "not necessarily" about it...they wouldn't.

And finally - one last clarification, if someone in the uk rings another ukmibile while that receiving mobile is in Ireland, they definitely don't have to dial 44 first ?

The OP's query is whether someone in the UK calling a UK mobile (while that mobile is in the Republic of Ireland) would be able to deduce the mobile's current location from any variation in the ring tone.

There's no "not necessarily" about it...they wouldn't.

Someone in Ireland calling a Irish mobile that happens to be in the UK will hear a slightly different ringtone, hence my comment.

Well that's the issue. Recently I rang an Irish mobile in Denmark from my Irish mobile while I was here in Ireland and I heard the repeated long beep ringtone as opposed to the usual ring-ring tone.

Is this not the equivalent of someone in the uk ringing a uk mobile when the receiving uk mobile is here in Ireland ?
Or is there some special unique relationship between Ireland and the uk which prevents this from happening?

Someone in Ireland calling a Irish mobile that happens to be in the UK will hear a slightly different ringtone, hence my comment.

No they will not.

There is no discernible clue from the ringtone to indicate that an Irish mobile phone is in the UK or vice versa.

And someone in the UK calling a UK mobile which happens to be in Ireland does not have to add a +44 prefix.

Purchasing a UK mobile and using it in Ireland will solve the OP's issue.

The ringing tone is an audio file played back across the line by the host network the receiving phone is on. The UK and Ireland use pretty much the same ringing tone, so it's unlikely a caller will know the difference.

Back