want to change engineer

mwhich

Hi folks. I had an engineer to draw up the plans of my house and apply for planning permission on my behalf. All of this is completed and planning has been obtained. I now want to change engineer for the building stage (as I am not happy with him) and eventhough I have the house plans on soft copy (pdf only), I am wondering if there is anything else I should be getting from the original engineer to move forward with another engineer. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

If you have agreed and paid the fee for this portion of the work then there should be no issue.
You should have hard copies of the drawings as u will need them for tender purposes.
Remember that the copyright to them is his, not yours unless you have agreed otherwise

100% agree with hastalavista above.
You should have a full copy of the planning application drawings, os maps and original Grant of Permission.

Choose your next Arch Tech., Architect, Engineer / Certifier carefully. Get 3 written quotes from professionals with full Professional Indemnity insurance. Its important that you get on with your Certifier, as their experience & advice will be crucial during the stressful build.

thanks guys, I will! I must print out all of my necessary maps etc now and get everything in order. Thanks again

Back