Walnut or Oak Internal Doors?

callaghanj

I am thinking of opting for internal walnet doors shaker style either with 1 or 4 panels maybe with glass. Has anyone else tried this... were you happy with the end look?

I have Solid Oak Doors with clear glass leading into
My sitting room .It looks very good , well priced ..

Walnut wouldbe really nice too , just a little pricey fir the
Risk of such a dark door

Regards ,Dee

Where are you sourcing the doors? Anyone I've gone to seems to supply Doras Doors or Deanta Doors. Doesn't seem to be much choice out there.

Walnut doors are beautiful but show up marks very easily because they are dark. If you have builders in the house make sure they are one of the last things put in as they can get scratched very easily.

Hi Lorz
I have deanta doors got them fitted last week, look great
Oak shaker upstairs and 5 panel downstairs Sitting room and office have glass panels

We put light oak doors in with a neutral stain on them and they looked great. They were 4 panels, top two had glass. We looked for ages to find the ones we wanted, we wanted the top panels to be about two thirds the lenght, we saw loads that the top panels were not long enough (or the lower panels came up too high). I think we got them in Doors and Floors, up in Bluebell estate, its on the left off the main road.

Got a quote today in Donegal of 260 euro for a prehung oak shaker door incl architrave....skirting 6 euro a meter....What do you think of these prices, Thanks

We went with Doras doors - Oak - do they need to be varnished or are they ok with the factory finish?

I got the contemporary 4-pane doors in white oak from the Door Store in Belfast (nothing to do with the Dublin Door Store) and am really pleased with them. They required a light sanding and varnishing, but look great. The glass allows light through while still retaining a little privacy - you just see a hint of the room beyond through the little clear squares. Sorry, I can't remember what they cost but chances are the sterling rate would make them cheaper now than when I bought them.

Hi callaghanj - did you go with the Walnut doors in the end - we are currently looking at getting pre-hung ones for circa €200 a door? Was just wondering whether or not you would recommend? The reason I'm choosing them is because I think white oak etc might look a bit wishy washy for the size of the house.

hope to hear from you
Pinkairfish

Hi there...I decided on oak (Deanta) shaker doors and v glad I did. They look really good . Decided to glaze 6 downstair doors which will be back from the glazer next week. Cost 265 euro per door prehung from Callaghans in Donegal. No connection with the company.

Hi there...I decided on oak (Deanta) shaker doors and v glad I did. They look really good . Decided to glaze 6 downstair doors which will be back from the glazer next week. Cost 265 euro per door prehung from Callaghans in Donegal. No connection with the company.

Is that an engineered door, or a solid one. Thanks

sabre

Can anyone tell me how much they were charged to fit their pre hung oak deanta doors....also price per metre for skirting....Thanks

Back