Walnut dash in Passats

slookie

Does anyone know why some Passats (new models) have a walnut dash and others just have plain dash?

It used to be a good way of differentiating an Irish Comfortline from a UK SE model, not sure if thats the case still

Its just the model versions I have had two comfortline models and they both had the walnut dash and also the arm rest. The basic models didnt have these.
Its all just another ploy to sell vehicles at a dearer price. Little bit of walnut here and there can mean the difference of a couple of hundred euros.

Its all just another ploy to sell vehicles at a dearer price. Little bit of walnut here and there can mean the difference of a couple of hundred euros.

Yep! My dad had a Riley 18/85 and the entire dashboard and half the doortrim was made of wood (walnut veneer) and it had airline-style foldup picnic tables fitted to the rear of the front seats, again made of walnut veneer wood with brass hinges.

In a modern car, bits and slivers of wood are (plasticky looking) trim designed to look posh but serve no practical purpose at all in return for the extra money charged.

No I've driven two 05 new model passats, both comfortline and both Irish - one had normal dash, other walnut. The same with 2006. Dunno??

Its standard on Comfort and Highline models fron 2006 on

The armrests are for sale on ebay for €100. Bought one and would recommend it.

Its standard on Comfort and Highline models. The Base line model just has the plastic and the sportline model has the chrome. Think it looks well myself as does the chrome but the plastic looks a bit cheap IMO...

The Highline has a mix chrome and wood which I think looks well

Back