Wait before replying and a "thanks" button

Jmcelroy

Every time I try to reply to a persons message, I'm being asked to wait over 1K seconds in order to reply. Is this the norm?

Also, is it possible to say "thanks", or just a simple "like" to anyone's reply to my post, rather than having to reply to them?​

Hi J

Could you try replying to this message please.

As you posted 6 minutes ago, you should not be able to do so for a further 10 minutes if what you say is correct.

And confirm that you tried and failed and at what exact time. It's now 10.09

Brendan

Hi J

Could you try replying to this message please.

As you posted 6 minutes ago, you should not be able to do so for a further 10 minutes if what you say is correct.

And confirm that you tried and failed and at what exact time. It's now 10.09

Brendan
Its now 10.14. Testing

We have a spam prevention measure for new users.
They must wait 1,200 seconds or 20 minutes before posting a second time.
This stops the site getting flooded with spam by newly registered users.

But you are no longer a new user, so this should not apply to you.

Brendan

We have a spam prevention measure for new users.
They must wait 1,200 seconds or 20 minutes before posting a second time.
This stops the site getting flooded with spam by newly registered users.

But you are no longer a new user, so this should not apply to you.

Brendan
Thanks Brendan.

Did you find out
if it is possible to say "thanks", or just a simple "like" to anyone's reply to my post, rather than having to reply to them?

Just click on the Like button - bottom right in the post along with Quote and Reply. I'm not sure if it's open to new members.

Just click on the Like button - bottom right in the post along with Quote and Reply. I'm not sure if it's open to new members.
I don’t have the ‘Like’ button option. At what stage are you not a ‘new’ user. I also have to wait a certain length of time before I do a second post and as a result I leave it and don’t post.

Back