VW Passat TDI 2003

I just knocked the price down to 14k , surely that can't be too high !!

There are 18 VW Passats Diesel Tdi private adverts and i'm the lowest listed now !!

Thanks for you comment

The first thing that humped off the page in your ad was NO OFFERS. Once a buyer sees NO OFFERS it puts them off. It sounds very unfriendly and unreasonable and would put me off anyway.

The country is awash with used cars. It's a buyers market. I wouldn't want to try and initiate a contact to do business with someone who at first glance seems so unmoveable and unreasonable. Best to advertise slightly higher and come down. The buyer feels that he has achieved something and that he got something extra out of the sale. I take your word for it that E14k is really low, I don't know, but don't forget the high mileage.

You are looking for a cash buyer with e14k in his pocket. you would expect someone spending E14k on a car to have a car to get rid of so it's easier to go to a garage and let them look after the old car. Buying privately means that there is no guarantee or comeback in the event of something going wrong.

No indication in the ad as to whthere the car is a Jan 2003 or a Dec 2003

I'm not in the market but if I were I would wait until the new year to look. At that stage your car is a year older.

Murt

Your right No Offers sounds really uninviting - Just changed it.

Thanks
Ste

I just brought in a 2003 Passat 130 estate with slightly higher spec from the UK for only very slightly more.

I think your problem is the mileage.... I bought a UK car with that mileage as it was sitting on motorways the whole time and had full dealer service history. I wouldn't buy a 3 year old Irish car with that mileage.

Drop the price I suppose!

My hubbie has an 01 Seat Leon on carzone for 7k for months now and only got one call and the fecker never turned up!!. It's a buyers market allright and very hard to sell a car privately and get what you want as people are looking for a great car at a great price!!.(ie Bargain!)
It's lovely car but the mileage unfortunatly is a factor, it's ridiculous really as those engines are built to last and 87k miles on that engine is nothing once it's being serviced regularly and well looked after. Just thought I'd let you know that I know the feeling of frustration trying to sell your car, we are sick of it at this stage. Hubbies car is immaculate and owned from new and totally babied!!.

I change my car about every 6-12 months, and when i came across this it had high miles to begin with , however i thought that the service history and the fact that there are plenty of other passats with high miles wouldn't cause much of a problem when it comes to re-sale!!

Big mistake i suppose , should of stuck with Bmw's !!

I know there are plenty of other passats with high mileage as that's why most people buy them...to drive them without any mechancial issues and in a safe well built car. Re-sale, well they do hold their value it's just buyers don't want to pay out a hefty sum on a car which will hit 100k miles in no time!!. You know yourself.
BMW's depreciate too you know!, and quite hefty aswell. To buy one new is mad money but you can do very well buying one 2nd hand epecially a 5-series. I test drove a 2004 3-series recently and it was very boring!!!. Going to stick with my beloved Honda Accord!!

Hi Ste,

Just looked at your ad. The car looks good and the fact it has a full service history and timing belt changed are positives.

Just wondering what you are thinking of buy next. Will you go for a BMW again? Don't suppose you'd be interested in a 05 Nissan X-Trail dci.:)

To be honest maybe a 320d or A4 between (2001-2002) , i'd love a straight swop for the 05 X-Trial :) , but i have a feeling your looking for about 30K plus on the X-Trail which is not in my budget yet !!! Thanks , but sorry !!

No problem Ste but if you change your mind I'm sure we could work something out.

I've had a 320d and an A4 130 TDI. Both super cars. If I had to choose I'd go with the A4 for looks and the BMW for handling. One thing with the A4s the ride can be hard especially with the sports suspension. On the 320d make sure the Turbo isn't whistling as they are known to give problems.

Happy searching!

Thanks Mark ,

My search will start as soon as i have a new owner for the Passat !!

If I get a home for the X trail I'd be interested in the Passat....... this changing cars is an expensive hobby :)

I've noticed the prices for second-hand Passats have slumped a good bit in the past 6 months or so, probably due to the new model coming out and the number of imports coming into the country (25% VRT for 1.9 TDi's).

Looking at your ad, I don't know what bhp it is... mainly because VW played musical chairs with the red letters in TDI. I think it's the 100bhp model, so you may as well tell me. Also, I can see you have a nice steering wheel, but I can't see what condition the upholstery is in so a pic of the driver seat area from outside the door would be good.

I like your alloys too, makes a change from the standard 10-spokes so show them off a bit with a side-on photo, maybe a bit closer up.

Hope that helps, just my first impressions.

Conor mc - Yeah Good idea !! upholstery is in perfect condition , i'll take more pic's and stick them up on the web tomorrow !!

Thanks for your thoughts everybody !!!

Mark , Just get a caravan for the x trail and park it outside the job !! Sorted

I change my car about every 6-12 months, and when i came across this it had high miles to begin with , however i thought that the service history and the fact that there are plenty of other passats with high miles wouldn't cause much of a problem when it comes to re-sale!!

The ad clearly states "Owners: 1".

Are you now saying that your the 2nd owner

Murt

Back