Vulture selling house via bidx1 - no title deeds/no independent waste pipe

Yoga Woga

1. What is legal the situation where there are no title deeds (only a copy).

2. Issues around the sewage pipe - the house for sale relies on the adjacent house for their waste to go out to the main sewerage system - it's the one waste pipe.... in the past blockages were an issue due to volume/babywipes.

Could the adjacent house request that the house that is for sale have to get their own waste outlet?
There is no wayleave agreement as far as we know and house has been vacant for 5 years.

If there is a copy, then there is a deed.

Is/was there an agreement re the sewage pipe, or is it only becoming an issue following the proposed sale? How did the house for sale get connected to the main sewerage scheme?

Last edited:
1. What is legal the situation where there are no title deeds (only a copy).

2. Issues around the sewage pipe - the house for sale relies on the adjacent house for their waste to go out to the main sewerage system - it's the one waste pipe.... in the past blockages were an issue due to volume/babywipes.

Could the adjacent house request that the house that is for sale have to get their own waste outlet?
There is no wayleave agreement as far as we know and house has been vacant for 5 years.
Its not at all unusual for two houses (or more even) to share the line to the mains. I share a line with one neighbour. My parents have the main sewer line run straight down the back garden and they regularly get issues because its on the end of a line of 5 or 6 and the original owner at the top of the hill built an extension over his manhole, so the next man hole isn't til my parents. Irish Water did quietly put in an additional manhole down the road though.

Relocating a sewer pipe isn't a huge expense but you would need to agree with Irish water and possibly the council if it goes through council owned public land.

Back