Hello, I was hoping if anyone had any experience/ advice of the following. I was going about buying a house. Did viewings in December 2017 and put offer in , my offer was accepted in December 2017. I paid the booking deposit.. I then agreed fees with my Solictor. I got the engineers reports .. all fine.. got contracts from vendors .. took advice signed and returned contract in the second week of January 18.. all plain sailing ... 7 mths on, after months of “vendor is just about to sign” (a receivership with AIB was the vendor, 14 houses for sale- I was buying 1 of them) I got call earlier this week .. saying all the sales are off.. I heard on grapevine that the 14 houses were sold to vulture fund.. The issue is my costs.. obviously they are a few grand .. what would you do???? I said to my Solictors to issue proposed fee to other side for abortive costs.. he is not keen .... on about contract not binding ( I completely understand this point.. but they held me in limbo for 7 months waiting for signed paperwork.. so all the work was done) I’m like there is nothing to lose here and issue them with invoice ?? Obviously I will pay my solicitor but I don’t think I should .. I think AIB should???