Voluntary Sale for Loss, Shortfall Settled, Advice for next steps

Hello DublinBroke,

This post has given me some hope. We succumbed to a Voluntary Sale for loss scheme which left a residual debt of 160K with EBS.
They wouldn't entertain a deal on this shortfall at the time of sale so we've had an unworkable repayment plan for the last year. In our experience, we didn't get anywhere dealing with EBS on our own.
Have you got any advice for us?

Thanks

Hello DublinBroke,

This post has given me some hope. We succumbed to a Voluntary Sale for loss scheme which left a residual debt of 160K with EBS.
They wouldn't entertain a deal on this shortfall at the time of sale so we've had an unworkable repayment plan for the last year. In our experience, we didn't get anywhere dealing with EBS on our own.
Have you got any advice for us?

Thanks

Hi TigerDebt,

Sorry for the belated reply. We addressed the residual prior to the sale, we had in written into the contract which was agreed (I understand it's different for your case though). We employed a solicitor to assist in engaging the the banks during this time. Perhaps that would be good advice for you also (even you haven't do so already). Hope you get to the resolution that you want.

Back