voluntary redundancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

micmclo

I'm working in my job over 4 years. It's sort of insurance administration, answering queries, sending statements, updating files, etc

Say there are three teams A, B & C and I worked for team A over 3.5 years.

We all do much the same job serving different clients. Ok they are different IT systems but mostly same job duties, same pay.

Last Christmas it was announced the client for this team A was going to another company so we knew the team would be gone within a year or so. We expected either redundancy or the sales guys and senior management would get new business for us.

Last February my VP and my AVP called me into a meeting and said I was moving to team B for maternity cover. There is a hiring freeze so they wanted me to help and I said yes.

A few weeks after I moved I was told this was permanent and I wasn't so happy over it. I never applied or interviewed for this, I thought it was a secondment, I went to the head of the department and said I found this very sudden & worrying and can I stay reporting to my old team and was told yes. I then told my new manager this and all good. Six weeks later they updated my reporting lines anyway and I was told "business needs"

Team A is going by October, everyone knows this. Does the employer have to offer redundancy across teams A,B and C? I have 4 years service, over 3.5 on team A and about 6 months on team B. I didn't ask or apply for team B, I was just moved.

I want to go back to education and while the payout won't be much if I'm told no I'd be greatly bothered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back