Voluntary loss of job

kittyb

I could really do with some advice. I have been a victim of workplace bullying in my job that I have been in only since last year and it is a contract post which will end in 12 months time. It has been awful and I have ended up out on sick leave for the past 5 weeks. I have spoken to relevent people and it would not be in my best interest to take it any further and I wouldn't be able for the stress it would bring anyway. My doctor and psychiatrist have told me to leave this job due to the effect it has had on my mental health and I know now that this is the right thing to do as even the thought of going in to work out my notice is making me bad at the moment. I spoke to social welfare and they said that in this situation they would look sympathetically at my case if it was backed up by medical opinion which it is. I have a mortgage of 137k which I have on 2 years fixed which with mortgage interest at source relief it comes to about 610e a month. I had only moved a few months ago so this is all adding to even more anxiety. If I get the 196 job seekers benefit a week will I be entitled to mortgage interest supplement and if so how much as I really have to look at this before I leave. I will obviously be looking to get working as soon as I feel better but if I could just get to september I feel I would have gotten over this awful sickness and depression by then. I would be much appreciated for anyones comments. I have worked for over 22 years without this situation ever happening to me before so thats what makes it all the worst but I have to try and protect myself now.

It's difficult to say whether you would definitely qualify for Mortgage Interest Relief, as it's based on several criteria, but the best thing to do is to call to see your local CWO (make an appointment if you need to). Bring any mortgage documentation you have and they can advise you of your entitlements and tell you what you need to do.

kittyb;1032956 My doctor and psychiatrist have told me to leave this job due to the effect it has had on my mental health [/QUOTE said:
I am sorry you are having such a bad time but your doctor and psychiatrist are right in asking you to leave this job, you have got to protect your mental health. It's appalling that despite all the laws and legislation bullying is still rife in the workplace. Shame on all those who perpertrate it and shame on all those who stand by and do nothing to help the victim.

Thanks for your post, I appreciate it. I know it is the right thing to do and yes you are right that despite all the lip service paid to anti-bullying policies it is still the case that people end up leaving jobs because it would only go against them to do anything else. I just really need some advice on the financial front as I have worked all my life to put a roof over my head that I just couldn't go through risking that because of the situation I find myself in. Thanks again for your support.

Back