Vodafone / Verizon Sale

Bedlam

Hi

I hold vodafone shares and am wondering as a result of the above transaction how much I could expect to receive per share when the cash is distributed to shareholders once the sale is completed

Thanks

Bedlam

The answers to this remains unknown. Shareholders will have to await until Vodafone decide to advise shareholders of the amount of dividend and date of payment. Nothing has been learned as yet.

You can find all about the Verizon Wireless deal on the Vodafone web site at [broken link removed]

The return to each shareholder is estimated at 112p GBP per share (depending on the price of the Verizon shares and the GBP/USD exchange rate when the deal is done).

So that means that those meaningless bits of paper that I keep getting since I got Eircom shares and didn't sell them at the time, might actually be worth more than the paper!

Vodafone should be posting out details next week of its intended sale of Verizon Wireless to shareholders, but if you can’t wait for the documentation you can download it now from Vodafone’s web site: [broken link removed]. Note section 2 Irish Taxation for the tax consequences for residents of Ireland.

There is also a guide to what will happen at:[broken link removed]

vodafone Shares

I haven’t got my documents yet but from the doc on your link it looks like we are going to get EUR 1.23 Per Vodafone share that we hold ; that is if I am reading the Faq correctly. At today’s currency rate we would get .88 eur+.35 eur =1.23. { in stg (£ 0.75+.£ 0.30) }

We sign 2 documents 1: Form of election 2: Selling document for the verison. ??. The other docs are if you are attending the meeting ??

income tax or Capital Gain

There is mention of an option to claim it as income tax . Does the Irish tax system allow us to claim the money as income. Useful for retired share holders . or has it to be capital gain ?

Stupid question but do I need to fill out the second form to receive the dividend?
If I agree to sell the Verizon entitlement, what does that mean?

Thanks for any help, I don't know much about shares hence the reason I have these in the first place.

I have been attempting to understand the documentation but am having difficulties. I have only about 200 shares so I expect there is no capital gains. Also I cannot make out the value. It seems Vodofone shares are today about £2.20. But is it just £1.05 that we are going to end up with or will I still have some Vodofone shares.
Any help will be appreciated.

As I understand it you retain the same amount of shares but they will be priced lower on the stock market after this payout has taken place

vodafone Shares end game.

Solo .Having 200 shares at todays value of £2.30, gives you a total value of £460.
By 2nd week of March 14 you will have received a cheque of £60+£150=£210. £60 is a return of cash from Vodafone & £150 is if you agree to sell your new Verison shares. In my own case I will be agreeing to let them sell them for me, as its not worth holding a small number of shares that are quoted in the American stock exchange.
You still have 200 vodafone shares,but the market will now value them at something like £1.25 per share. That's a total value of £250.. Well you didn't have much choice but effectively you have liquidated £210 of your of your original £460.

Friday tipps on vodafone pasted below.

Private investors in Vodafone have been receiving a circular regarding the outfit’s sale of its take in Verizon Wireless in their mailboxes. As a part of the same, come February 24th they will become shareholders in a New York Stock Exchange-listed firm of which they may know very little. A number of Vodafone’s institutional shareholders preferred to retain their presence in Verizon as they think it has good prospects. The Times’ Tempus, however, sees otherwise. In fact, he cannot understand why UK retail investors would want to keep their Verizon shares. Hence, his advice is to make use of the free share dealing facility which has been put in place and sell them. Vodafone stock, on the other hand, is a different matter. “Having advanced by 20p since the deal was announced they are still worth holding,” Tempus said.

My son bought Eircom shares when they were first brought to the market and subsequently they became Vodafone shares. He has a share certificate for these. Is this share certificate the document that he uses if he wants to sell these today on the "open" market rather than wait for the Verizon deal? Something at the back of my mind tells me that the certificates were changed to the paperless online type? Also were there any splits or re-pricing of these shares over the years or does he still hold the original amount of Vodafone shares as per his share certificate/

My son bought Eircom shares when they were first brought to the market and subsequently they became Vodafone shares. He has a share certificate for these. Is this share certificate the document that he uses if he wants to sell these today on the "open" market rather than wait for the Verizon deal? Something at the back of my mind tells me that the certificates were changed to the paperless online type? Also were there any splits or re-pricing of these shares over the years or does he still hold the original amount of Vodafone shares as per his share certificate/
Your son would have received a share cert for his Eircom shares on flotation on 14 July 1999. If he held onto the shares he would have received a certificate for the bonus shares on 17 July 2000. In 2001 Eircom sold Eircell to Vodafone via a share for share transaction and your son would have received a Vodafone share certificate on 29 May 2001. Vodafone subsequently reorganized its capital structure and your son would have received a new share certificate on 31 July 2006. This is the certificate your son needs to sell his shares. The number of shares on this certificate should equal the number of shares on the Vodafone Form of Election: Return of Value 2014 form sent out just before Christmas by Vodafone.

Thanks PMU for that. Very helpful. Incidentally if he got Vodafone shares for the Eircell sale does he still hold any original Eircom shares or what happened to this portion of his original Eircom purchase. From memory he got some sort of cash payment along the way?

Back