Vodafone texting me - but Im 02?

Marbil

I keep getting text messages from Vodafone telling me my inbox is too full and I wont receive any more text messages until I delete the messages in there - Im with 02 though and always have been - anyone else getting this? (BTW, cmon the Drogs on Sunday!)

My g/f got the same messages a couple of times recently and was never with Vodafone- she hasn't gotten it since she moved to meteor tho with the same number.

I might ring 02 and see what they have to say - as Im not with Vodafone Id probably get no joy from them

Marbil said:
I might ring 02 and see what they have to say - as Im not with Vodafone Id probably get no joy from them

Wouldn't you have to get joy from them? Essentially this is SPAM, and if they are sending this "legitimately" (however they might describe legitimate) then they have your telephone number stored somewhere in their systems.

In any case, you're fully entitled to get them to stop the messages and remove your number from their systems.

If they don't stop the messages, it's a case for the Data Protection Commissioner. (Keep dates/records/names of all contact and messages received, as you'll need this for the DPC).

I phoned 02 and reported it - the girl there got on to the technical team and said someone would get back to me - she had never heard of this before? I'll post the reply when/if I get one.

Back