Vodafone Payment Bug

roker

Info to others
I just received within the last hour a text from Vodafone thanking me for a payment of €55.00 and half hour later 26.00 which I know nothing about.
It appears that Vodafone have a hack or bug and know about, nothing was taken from my bank account, and The bank is aware of it.

Got the same 2 messages but for different amounts. Please let me know how you get on. Nothing taken from bank account. I'm an O2 customer but using an 087 prefix. Should be fun explaining this to Vodafone tomorrow morning

I got two texts also, again for different amounts. I had thought it was them crediting me as I have asked them to do because our broadband hasn't worked right for months, thought maybe that whole saga was coming to and end but alas not....

Me too. One at seven last night and another at 8pm.
The two figures were very similar to my regular payment.
Contacted Vodafone by email and waiting for their reply which is to be within 24 hours!!

Got onto Vodafone customer service and they said that there was a system error where previous and current customers received texts saying money had been debited. However it was a glitch and no money was taken. Will double check with bank to make sure that even if they tried they couldn't.

Charlie Weston covers it in today's Indo

Take a bow, roker

[FONT=&quot]One customer reported on the Askaboutmoney.com website: "I just received within the last hour a text from Vodafone thanking me for a payment of €55.00 and half hour later €26.00, which I know nothing about.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It appears that Vodafone have a hack or bug and know about, nothing was taken from my bank account, and the bank is aware of it."[/FONT]

Back