vodafone mobile broadband

evanne

Hi All,

I have vodafone mobile broadband and it serves me well for 90% of my internet usage, however Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on speeding up (the above) in relation to video content? I'm not talking feature length movies here or anything, but seriously I can't even watch anything on youtube, without it freezing every 5 secs or so. Any advice or is this it? ps. I don't have a huge amount of stuff stored on my pc,mainly work reports or college assignments. and I regularly clean house, so to speak. all advice greatly appeciated.

Regards

Evelyn

Hi there,

I use Vodafone BB too and from time to time I experience this problem. Its down to poor coverage/network I think. Make sure the light on the modem is blue, green is very slow. Set up your modem somewhere in the house until you find blue. I walked around with my laptop & modem, and now find good coverage if I hang the modem from the top of my front room window. I use a USB cable to extend the modem to suit my needs. You may well need to get on of these

I find if im watching youtube etc and it hangs, I pause the video and allow it to buff for a few seconds and I press play, that normally does the trick for me.

Back