Vodafone home phone and broadband - Check your bill for unauthorised add-ons

stefg

can edit posts
Hi All,

We have phone and broadband from Vodafone (Vodafone at home) and last week I noticed on my bill that there was add on for "Vodafone PC Protection (1 licence)" that was €2.99 + VAT.

I queried it with them and they told me that they would have to listen to previous calls to determine when it was added but they told me that I would have ordered this over the phone. There is no way I would have ordered this because we don't own any PC's (only mac and linux machines) and I work in software development and manage and maintain our anti-virus and firewalls etc. They told me they they would remove it from the next bill but when I asked for a refund they said they would have to listen to the call and would call me back yesterday.

No call came so I called them today and after being put on hold a few times and being passed to another department I was told that they would issue me a refund. I asked them how it happened and they told me that it was a misunderstanding by the person on the phone and they added it incorrectly.

Normally I would notice things like this because I'm quite diligent with bills etc but because I knew our line rental was on an introductory offer I missed it. When the bill increased I thought it was just end of the line rental offer and didn't notice the other add-on of the PC Protection as it was free for the first few months and then charged.

It seems that I'm not the only person to have experienced this: [broken link removed]

If you have Vodafone at home and this is on your bill and you didn't order it, you should call them.

We are now due to receive a refund of 2 years fees for the PC protection which Vodafone have said they will sort out in the next few days.

Back