Vodafone Broadband Bills are Bamboozling

fungie20

Recently joined Vodafone broadband & TV, happy with the service but their billing is truly confusing. Their initial bill is very hard to follow, I pay for the partial first month (January), since I joined about 10 days into the month and then it says I forward pay for the next month. They provide a little chart showing a timeline of this (this shows the 'gross' amounts without discounts which make it confusing too). If I forward pay for a month, say February, I would expect my account to always be in credit since I've paid for something that hasn't been consumed yet but this never happened.

I was overcharged for February's bill but this was a separate issue and since been refunded but took a 45 minute phone call. I wish companies would make their billing more transparent, simpler and be very clear if billing is forward or back paid.

You will always be paying forward. These outfits abandoned the notion of credit, a retail customer actually owing them money a long time ago.

They all seem to be using a package from Fujitsu (one outfit made the mistake of sending me printed bills with Fuji printed on the side) so apart from colours and logos, all their bills are laid out identically. As they have no hand act or part in producing them staff are often as mystified as customers.

Fujutsu and their Horizon software are behind, the injustices suffered by post-masters in the UK. Some were jailed, had their business shut down, some committed suicide or have suffered long-term illness as well as family trauma. All without exception because Fujitsu's software was riddled with serious bugs (ref. Sunday Times articles).

Back