visa card being replaced with mastercard

U

Unregistered

Hi,
Got a letter from b of i about changing to the chip and pin. Letter said visa card was being replaced and the new card would be a mastercard. Anybody else get a similar letter or any idea why the replacement with a mastercard?

Unregistered said:
Hi,
Got a letter from b of i about changing to the chip and pin. Letter said visa card was being replaced and the new card would be a mastercard. Anybody else get a similar letter or any idea why the replacement with a mastercard?

Well, AIB and MBNA and other banks are not doing this - sounds a bit odd.

My understanding is that BOI have a 'twin card' account option - i.e. both Visa card and Mastercard on the one account. Probably introduced when neither card had fully pentrated the market with some retailers accepting one but not the other (how times have changed). Believe BOI are now taking the option with Chip & Pin to offer only one card on the account and have opted for Mastercard. Makes sense to me, easier to mange one card on the account.

Much of a muchness really. They're a bit like Pepsi and Coke, two brands that do the same thing. On this particular account you cant use the Visa for online transactions....

hi there

i got that letter, you can request they keep you on visa

i had issues in the past, was told by paddypower that i could charge money from the account onto their account but could not withdraw back to the mastercard

but i could with visa

anyway the bank said that problem was sorted

Back