Virgin Media, TV. Do you pay in advance or in arrears?

Grizzly

I have an account with Virgin Media, TV only.

I don't pay by DD. I pay by cheque, usually 6 months at a time. Then repeat.

I always thought that I was paying my next months usage in advance. Today, I received a phone call from their customer call centre in India who said that I hadn't paid my last December payment.

When I got my invoice in early January, I assumed that I had already paid for December and was being billed for my January viewing in advance.

Can anyone clarify the situation? Thanks

I pay by DD and it is one month in ADVANCE. Paying by cheque is almost quaint, I'm surprised they allow it.

I wonder are you paying the "Single product charge" where if you only avail of one product you pay an extra charge.
I pay €31 a month for my TV. Middle of the range package that does not seem to be available anymore. Separately, I pay Vodafone €35 a month for my broadband plus landline phone that includes free calls. Total €66 per month.

I seldom have problems with either service so I am happy to keep them separate.

I posted my payment by cheque on the 1 St. January. It never arrived.

I have phoned their customer services to make a payment. Waited 45 minutes and nobody answered.

I signed in to their online My Virgin Media to pay. Page is frozen and even trying to find a "Pay" button was extremely difficult.

I have never found it so hard to make a payment to a company in my life.

A word to the wise if anyone is thinking of renewing with Virgin. I rang their 1908 number and was on hold for 50 long and tedious minutes with no answer. Their webchat was quicker but was not offering any discount. After a bit of digging online I found the Limerick number of their loyalty team 061 272190. Rang it and was sorted and renewed with a 20% discount on my current price and double the broadband speed in 7 minutes.

Back