Virgin Media- are they offering any discounts

Finally signed a 12 month extension with Virgin, got some upgrades but more importantly, got 9 months at half price with the last 3 at full price. Like the previous poster, I kept quoting that I could get the same services for €400 cheaper elsewhere. Actually got through to an Irish call centre on my 3rd call with them. Overall, saving around €350 pa. I only got this final discount when I told them to close off the service- the agent looked "one last time" to see if there was anything they could do for me

I couldn't get a straight price out of Eir, 3 times I contacted them and 3 times got quoted different prices for the same package.

I got a phone call yesterday from Virgin saying I was a "special" customer that got selected to receive a new Virgin box & router. I suspect it is just for collecting all their old boxes. I have an old upc box (not horizon) as horizon was not available in my area until recently.
I'm not sure I want the new one, as I have heard horror stories about Horizon?
Also with the new broadband speeds my bill will be going up by €20 after 4 months, contract 18 months. I am currently out of contract. I tried to bargain but was told to ring customer service.
I agreed to a 14 day trial - which sounded like he was doing me a favour but I know you have a 14 day cooling off period anyway!
I don't watch a whole lot of tv really I mainly stream these days if watching anything - so the new broadband speeds sound good. Just not sure about the new horizon box. Also made sure I got a separate modem included rather than use the horizon box as the modem.

I am currently out of contract. I tried to bargain but was told to ring customer service.

Be sure to read the small print here, they will likely tie you into a new contract period on receipt of the new hardware.

Back