Violet Hill Glasnevin

mullingar

Hello,
Im looking for some advice on the above address. We've searched the net and have even read threads on the site but nothing really recent. Whats the place like? Is it old or are there any young families there as I have a young boy? Most importantly, are there any dodgies there?

Any advice appreciated

M...

Hi there,

I live near violet hill (and have for the last 4 1/2 years) and it is a nice area to live in. In my opinion, it is old dublin but there are some families around, particularly in some of the estates near by ( Glasnevin Downs/Griffith Heights). It is a really quiet area and schools etc seem to good.

If you want to know anything else in particular PM me...

I grew up about 500m from there and 20 years ago there were a few rough types alright, but has grown up a lot since then. Whole area around N2 Glasnevin/Finglas gentrifying nicely, but still no Clontarf :-/

I was just wondering if anyone has anything recent to contribute on their experience of Violet Hill Road/drive/park?

I have been through the area and it seems quiet. One thing I did notice was that more than one house had opted for those removable steel bollards on their driveway, presumably to hinder car theft. I am not naive by any means, but this surprised me as I cannot recall seeing many of these in my time around the wider area.

Hi, I'm also looking at houses around Cremore Crescent/Park, Violet Hill and Glasnevin Downs and the same as bugler and mullingar I am just wondering as well what people think of the area around Griffith Avenue Extension in terms of schools and just the area in general (is it a quiet & safe area etc.)? Glasnevin Downs and Cremore Crescent are right beside Tolka Estate which is a pretty large old estate.

I previously lived in Glasnevin/Finglas/Ballygall while in University and from what I remember it seemed fairly quiet. The only places kids congregated then was at the the Spar and other shops in ballygall.

Back