Villa in Orlando

Green

I am heading over to Orlando (kissimmee) in late December and early January and hope to rent a villa for our nearly two weeks there. While I know its the busiest time of the year there, I am wondering what communities people stay in over there and where they book them through.

While its a busy time, with the financial crash affecting Florida, I was hoping to try and get a bargain. Has anyone tried haggling with villa owners on price?

Interested to see any thoughts on this one too!! Am heading over myself in the new year!

We went there as a family last christmas if you put in search for villa rentals and then go through them some of the owners are from Ireland if that makes you feel more comfortabel but we booked one through a british owner on VRBO.com we stayed in Lake Berkley, Kissimmee and I wanted the pool heated and I negotiated with owner to throw that in even though u usually pay extra for that. Our 5 bedroomed detatched house was lovely unfortunately our neighbours had very noisy party two nights but that is something that is hard to foresee. Make sure whoever you rent from is the true owner of villa there is a few stories at the moment about fraud in this area.

Hans,

I had already decided to proceed as you suggest. I have about 50 emails from villa owners so I will see if there is a deal to be done..I will post up my results. Salmon feel free to pm if you need any help/assistance.....

We've used orlandovillas.com a few times. It is a british-owned site with mainly british owners and all the villas are personally visited and verified by the site owners who also run a fairly popular orlando forum which has a link from the site - all very enthursiastic and helpful. There are 3 linked sister sites (no idea why) so if you are doing a general enquiry, make sure you do all 3 to maximise your responses. We stayed on Highway 27 once and found it a bit far away. The last few times we have stayed at Windsor Hills which is the closest villa community to Disney (unfortunately orlandovillas.com don't have any villas there) - it's more resorty than residential and tends to be more expensive than most of the other communities but it's got good amenities (pool with waterslide, onsite shop, gym, tennis courts, games room) and is very handy for driving. And at that time of the year, I would definitely go for a south-facing pool.

To start with I have a villa in Orlando.

Just for information pusposes the villas in Orlando are very spread out around the area. Some are close to Disney, some are close to universal, some are close to international drive and others are closer to the golf courses. Traffic in around the closest ones to disney can be very heavy at peak times. A car hire is a must as getting around orlando can be slow and difficult without one. From Universal at the top of orlando to the US27 at the bottom of the main orlando area is a 30 minute drive. Disney is a little below half way between the two been closer to the 27.

The M50 of Orlando is called the I4 and it runs top to bottom of orlando so it makes getting around very easy. All directions are given off exit numbers of the I4. Universal for example is at exit 72 and disney is around the exists at 60 but takes up a few exists for the different parks. Shopping at the outlets is exit 68

Hope you enjoy your stay in orlando. Allow some waiting around time at the airport on arrival as the bags are very slow to come through.

Back