Villa booking agent won't deal with my complaint, where to next??

LTL1234

I booked a week's villa accommodation with a reputable villa company in June. We rent villas most years but this was the first time using this company. The cost of the villa was €2905 for 1 week. Basically the villa was filthy dirty, unsafe (exposed electrical wiring, no safety rails on a top Tce, no fire alarm) most facilities were broken (a two ring cooker for 18 people), it was delapitated & unsuitable for rental.Please note these are only an example of the content of the complaint, there were 30 items in total. I contacted the booking agent & local agents who were the key holders, they came out 3 days into the holiday and did some token gestures like bring outdoor seating, fix a light bulb, sort the pool filter (urrggh) then spent the rest of the week carrying out general maintenance like painting, cement work with workers around the place disrupting us most days (seriously you couldn't make it up). The local agent are saying we came out & addressed your complaint so I brought it back to the booking agent again, 30 points of complaint including photographs after all I paid them & had the contract with them. They are refusing to accept any responsibility or to deal with my complaint. Where can I go from here? I've never made a complaint before regarding a villa/holiday but the villa was so unfit for rental, I spent alot of time on holidays & since I came back trying to get them to adequately respond & I don't want to let this go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If the booking site has a review section you could put up your review, video, pictures, etc. Outside of that maybe complain to the country's travel department with the video, pics and see how you get on. I'd imagine that's about it though.

@noproblem I have put a review on their website but you are unable to attach pictures, I have also put a review on their Facebook page. The company are based in France so I could investigate if they have a travel dept, thanks.

"If you have a consumer complaint about a trader based in another EU/EEA country and you have tried to resolve the matter with the trader to no avail, please feel free to contact us using the online form below. Our service is free of charge and confidential." https://www.eccireland.ie/contact-us/

Please say where the villa is situated.
Just noticed it is in France. Sorry can't give advice.
If it were in Spain then that would be different

Have you thought about "Chargeback" through your credit card provider, presuming you paid for the villa by credit card.

Paid with my debit card, deposit & then two more payments so that's not an option.

Back