VHI Vhi26 12 renewal

Dermo123

Myself & my wife are on plan PMI26 12 with our children (16 & 18) on one plan family. Ourpremium this year is €2877 after TRS. I would like to keep some day to day benefits & semi private room in private hospital. Any suggestions to reduce premium?

Hi Dermo123,

Welcome to AAM. There is no cheaper plan with VHI that includes day to day benefits and semi-private cover. The plan PMI 26 12 is not the best hospital cover wise. 60% orthopaedic cover is not good, the shortfall would be 6000+ for hip or knee replacement.
There are alternative cheaper VHI options with good hospital cover, including 3 levels of hospital cover - public, private and hi-tech hospital cover.
1. PMI 37 13; price 1076pa; better hospital cover - public,private and hi-tech hospital cover. Very limited day to day cover.
2. PMI 40 15; price 1009pa; public, private and some hi-tech hospital cover. Limited day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

16 yr old option
1. One Plus Plan; price 131pa. Good hospital cover, same as before. Limited day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

18 yr old options
1. One Plus Plan; price 373pa. Good hospital cover, same as before. Limited day to day cover.
2. Plan PMI 35 13; price 429pa. Good hospital cover, as before. Good day to day benefits.
[broken link removed]

ADULT ALTERNATIVES WITH LAYA HEALTHCARE
While VHI have no cheaper options including day to day benefits, Laya Healthcare have good alternatives with better hospital cover and day to day.
1. Simply Connect Plan; price 999pa; better hospital cover(3 levels)150 x 2 max excess, good day to day cover ( max refund 300 per person per year).
2. Flex 175 Explore; price 953pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, 175 excess, limited day to day cover.
3. Control 300 Create; price 934pa; public,private(+private room) and hi-tech hospital cover, 300 excess, good outpatient day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

VHI would be best priced for the 16 and 18 yr old, they can stay with VHI and the adults can choose VHI or Laya or one of each. So overall you can achieve a family price for 2500 approx depending on the adult plans chosen.

Regards, Snowyb

Back