VHI Travel Insurance

Galway62

I have just been automatically renewed for VHI Travel insurance even though I didn’t want it for another year and didn’t request it. The money was automatically deducted from my card without even an email to enquire if I needed it and all this in the middle of Covid19 and on the day a senior figure in Failte Ireland had to resign because he left the country. Where did they think I was going to go? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks.

Have you been refused a refund?

My policy was auto renewed in Jan & I was delighted as it doesn't exclude Covid.

Have you been refused a refund?

My policy was auto renewed in Jan & I was delighted as it doesn't exclude Covid.
I never asked or wanted a renewal and only knew about it when money disappeared from my account!

Most travel insurance policies have an automatic renewal built-in when you take them out for the first time so that you have to refuse it as otherwise it is renewed automatically.

I think that some insurance types now have to warn you that your renewal is coming up and give you an optio nto cancel but not sure that travel insurance is covered

All sorts of subscriptions services come with automatic renewal so you have to be wary all of the time - the providers will say that's it is in your interest that they auto-renew but that's BS

Auto-renewal is specified on the VHI purchase page and covered in their T&Cs. You need to phone or email them if you don't want auto-renewal. I'd much prefer to be given the choice on the form at time of purchase.

Back