Health Insurance VHI renewal for 2 adults & 4 children

Chocolatechip

My renewal is in January & am wondering if someone can help with my current cover. Both adults are on VHI One Plan 500, 4 children are on One+ plan. GP free for the smaller 2 children but not older 2. I don't get anything back on GP visits or dental on current plan. Is there a plan with better cover, with cashback on GP visits but roughly the same cost??
1 adult has gallstones that will need removing at a later date. No one else has any health issues. Based in the West. Thanks

She is free actually & is on Company PLan Exec so thanks for reminding me. My eldest is 11 so she'll stay free until eldest turns 18 I think. Is there a similiar plan to One+ plan for the other 3 that would have better GP/Dental cover?

Just reviving this thread..
Our one plan 500 has been changed to enhanced care 350 which I think I'm ok with. What are people's thoughts?
My question is about the children's plans. Come April all children will be over 6. I would like to know of a plan that could give me cash back on doctors visits as the one plan 250 is very basic & I'll now not have any free GP cards.. even if it cost a bit more it might be worth it if can claim back some GP visits..
Any advice welcome.

Have a look at VHI PublicPlus Care Day to Day. It gives €20 x 3 visits back on gp and same for non emergency dental and it's cheaper than enhanced care 350. I have one adult son on enhanced care 350 but am switching him over. Daughter is now 18 and I'm moving her from Laya to VHI PublicPlus Care Day to Day too. Have a look at the HIA website to compare it to others and see if it suits.

Now that overnight charges in public hospitals is being abolished....is there any point in having a Public Hospital only Plan?

Note that they're only being abolished from 1st April 2023.

Back