VHI VHI renewal- costs up by 12%

Delboy

I was under the impression that health insurance was coming down this year and had read stories to that effect in the media.
But I got my VHI renewal the other day and it's up 12% on the current monthly rate.

Anyone else seeing this?

Delboy,

Not all plans were reduced in price at the time, some of the more expensive ones like the old Plan B,C,D,E etc were headline news.

Also, the half-price childrens offers at the moment will end on 1st October 2018, so this might be the reason for the price difference on your
renewal. From 1/10/2018, for example, One + Plan will increase from 139 to 209 per child. It will change from half price to a 25% discount
instead.
Laya announced a child offer on 1 September 2018, where you pay for the 1st child and the rest of the children go free on
Essential Connect Health. First child costs 396pa; It covers public and private hospitals.

You probably need to review your cover before renewal, to check out best value at the moment.

Regards, Snowyb

Yeah, looks like it's the kids 1/2 price offer ending. VHI got back to me to say it's no just 25% off on the 1st 3 kids a family has.

So they give with one hand (getting loads of publicity) and quietly take back with the other, and then some

Back