VHI VHI PMI 43 16

Ryan

27 Year old relatively healthy male. Renewal of above plan on 1st August coming in at €1172.
I do have a number of GP and consultant visits each year so I want something back on that with a low excess. Happy to pay a small inpatient excess to keep premium down.

I was quite happy with my cover until I found out the outpatient benefits were changing. Is this the best plan I can have for that price or are there alternatives around the same price?

Ryan,

A slightly cheaper plan with identical cover with VHI is Company Plan Plus Level 1.3, priced at 1128 per year.

Regarding outpatient benefits changing from a set amount per visit to 50% refund per visit, I would be inclined to be in favour of the
50% refund. This is an advantage if your consultant visit is more than 120 per visit, as the previous refund with PMI 43 16 was set at 60 per
visit.

Another option with similar cover with Laya is 'Simply Connect; price 1100pa.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb.

My issue is that my consultants visits are less than 120 so I will lose €15 on a visit with the changes, but then the Laya plan you recommend has the same thing.
Is there any difference between the 2 VHI plans above?

The only difference is the max refund for day to day outpatient expenses. PMI 43 16 allows upto 3200 refund per year, whereas Company Plan
Plus Level 1.3 has a max of 1000 refund per year. Otherwise it is the same, re hospital cover etc.

There is also the 100 cash offer from VHI if you sign up for payment by direct debit and also to receive documentation online, before 1 Sept 2018.
https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-launch-online-advantage-29052018

Snowyb

Back