Health Insurance VHI Plan for 80 Year Old - One Plan Access

PeterD37

Hi
a small bit of advice needed. My mother, a widow is with VHI on One Plan Access at the moment. She is in good physical health but could have some dementia issues soon. Is the VHI policy she is on sufficient or should I get her to upgrade now with the future in mind?
Many thanks

Open to correction by posters with more experience in the area, but in terms of that specific condition private health insurance would be of limited benefit.
The only directly appicable cover that occurs to me would be consultant refunds, which One Plan Access provides.

A different concern I would flag is that the policy has significant shortfalls on private hospitals and procedues such as cardiac procedures and presumably procdures such as hip replacements and cataract surgery.

LAYA policies such as Connect Simplicity or Simply Connect Plus would be more expensive but have no shortfall.

Suggest reading some of the other threads in this forum where such shortfalls are discussed:

Many thanks for the above. It's really the cardiac, ortho and possible eye issues that we want to ensure are covered. There's no hope of her moving from VHI as for some reason she feels a sense of loyalty to them.
What would be a suitable replacement VHI policy for the One Plan Access that would cover the issues faced by most people of a similar age?

Back