VHI VHI plan closest to Laya Simplicity

Username2012

My new employer only offers VHI plans - I'm struggling to find a VHI plan similar to Laya Simplicity. Good hospital coverage and high level of cover for physio are important to us. Any suggestions anyone? Don't mind paying somewhat more than the Laya plan.

Username2012,

The following plans are similar to Simplicity re hospital cover, physio cover is at 3 different levels, depending on how much you require.

1. VHI PMI 07 11 @ price 1188pa
2. VHI PMI 02 11 @ price 1295pa
3. VHI PMI 38 14 @ price 1661pa.

[broken link removed]

Note; Simplicity plan has full cover for a private room in a private hospital which is not fully covered on the above plans. VHI PMI 38 14 has a
shortfall of 50 per night for a private room.

A similar type plan with VHI is a combination of PMI 44 15 @ 1100pa + Healthsteps Silver(206pa) or Gold(349pa) outpatient cover.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Hope this helps.

Regards, Snowyb

Username2012,

The following plans are similar to Simplicity re hospital cover, physio cover is at 3 different levels, depending on how much you require.

1. VHI PMI 07 11 @ price 1188pa
2. VHI PMI 02 11 @ price 1295pa
3. VHI PMI 38 14 @ price 1661pa.

The three VHI schemes quoted differ from the simplicity product in that the have the 80% payment for orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures "Covered in selected private hospitals, except 80% cover for certain orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures".

aj

I tried and failed to get a list of these orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures. Do you know is there a list?

Last edited:
These orthopaedic procedures relate to hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery and variations of these - ie partial replacement, full
replacement etc etc. The opthalmic procedure is eye cataract surgery.

If you are already with VHI, the Table of Benefits says to contact VHI for details of the 22 procedures.
There are no details on their website.

Regards, Snowyb

Back