VHI VHI One Plan vs VHI Healthplus Extra

Armada

Hi All,

I have just had a small procedure done earlier this month in the Mater Private involving an overnight stay. On admission, a staff member mentioned (after I asked) that VHI One Plans were possibly a better option for me as opposed to the old Plan B options.

My renewal is this week and comes in at €2,096 for 1 adult. I am looking at One Plan + (996) or One Plan Complete (1435).

I'm quite hesitant to change but have to be somewhat savvy about this. It seems the shortfalls aren't being asked for in certain hospitals for some procedures and costs if any are very manageable if the need arises due to the policy savings involved.

Any guidance would be much
appreciated as it's actually 2 adult policies that we are renewing.

On admission, a staff member mentioned (after I asked) that VHI One Plans were possibly a better option for me as opposed to the old Plan B options..
Any reason given for this advice? I ask because I have just renewed my HealthPlus Extra (Plan B Options) for another year and would like to reduce my costs in future years!

You have 14 days from your renewal date to decide. Not sure what happens if you have already plucked for a policy, is there a cooling off period? No harm in asking VHI...

S.

I got my renewal today from vhi for pmi 26 12 , it is a corporate plan and when i compared plans a couple of years ago it seemed an improvement on plan b in every way, including day to day medical costs, its coming in at just over 1000 euro.
Still you should narrow down a few options through the hia website and decide which is most important for you.
The plan b seems a bit of a money spinner for vhi , charging more for less benefits because people don't want to take a chance with their health cover

Back