VHI VHI - On Incorrect Policy

SerenaZ

My company pays for VHI.

As far as I was aware until last week, I was on the company VHI plan.

I was actually on a different plan, a plan that cost a lot more (not fully subsidised) and offered a lot less in terms of benefits.

I have paid around 6,000 EUR, over the years, more in cover than my colleagues for less cover!

I queried this with VHI. VHI said that I have being on a different plan since 2012. I asked VHI and my company as to why I was on a different plan. Neither my company nor VHI could explain why. They said that I must have chosen a different plan. But I did not. I did not opt for anything other than the company plan.

VHI cannot produce any evidence that I opted-into a different plan because "their records do not go back that far".

Granted, I probably should have paid more attention to the annual notices.

Should VHI have documentation as to why I am on a particular plan?

Thanks.

They probably record all calls so they should be able to tell if you phoned them and know why.

If you have never contacted them for anything then tell them that.

Do you have copies of all letters they sent you, that might help.

I'd be very surprised VHI don't have records on an active customer going back 7 years. Sometimes insurance companies delete records, but for customers inactive > several years.
I think you should consider formal complaint to appropriate regulator, you have nothing to lose.

Back