VHI insurance special prices

sector_000

My medical insurance is up for renewal 01-Jan-13.

VHI have a special price on the PMI_28_12 plan at the moment.... but this only is available until 28-Dec-12.

It jumps by 31% after that - average for adult + child.

This plan looks a little better that the plan I have my family on - and the special price is a little cheaper than my renewal quote. However VHI say I cannot get this rate and cannot cancel my existing policy early in order take up this new one with them.

Anyway around that??
Anyone else get that story?

I had the same problem last year so after arguing with Vhi without success I switched to Aviva. After contacting their legal department they(VHI)said that I could not hold dual policies and therefore avail of cheaper rate. I am happy that I moved on.

VHI say I cannot get this rate and cannot cancel my existing policy early in order take up this new one with them. Anyway around that??
I can't believe that you can't cancel your policy. You wouldn't get a rebate but surely you can cancel. And then there would be no impediment to taking out a new policy. I've tended to switch every year over the last few years to whoever is doing the best deal for kids (either free or half price).

MichaelM:
Nope.....VHI policy is to run all policies to the last day of the policy term, disallowing early cancellation. Hence I cannot avail of the special price for PMI_28_12. They also do not allow you to take out a second policy and run it concurrently for a few days.

I may well switch insurers.

As a matter of interest, could your wife take out the new policy and name you and the children on it ?

Back