VHI VHI HealthPlus Access

dewdrop

We are both a retired couple and just received renewal papers for above plan at cost of 3639 euro for 2015 compared with 3410 for 2014. We are one of the many oldies who wish to stay with VHI and are wondering if any other of their plans would be cheaper with much the same cover. Incidentally the opening sentence in the letter from VHI says "Thanks for renewing your renewing your policy with VHI" and concludes with "Thanks again for your business". Does this give the impression that the matter of renewing has been finalised?

You have 14 days after your renewal date to change or cancel your policy. The policies auto renew

My parents were in similar position last year and I couldn't find a comparable or superior VHI plans for less. In the end they switched to Laya, where they got superior cover, and saved hundreds of euros. The service they have received from Laya has been at least the equal of VHI.

I've included the link on the HIA comparison website for three plans so you can make an informed decision.

(1) VHI HealthPlus Access, at €1819.75 per person.

(2) VHI HealthPlus Excess, which is very similar to your current plan, but with a €75 excess per claim. Premium is €1598.50 per person, which is €200 cheaper than your current plan. Only you can make the call on whether you're willing to 'risk' the excess saving.

(3) LAYA Total Health Select. I would consider this as having superior cover (excepting Home Nursing) to your current VHI HealthPlus Access, at €1523.80 per person.

[broken link removed]

As I mentioned in other posts, the array of healthcare options is mind-boggling. I opted to ring two brokers in the field, Cornmarket, and Lyons Financial Services. I was with Laya and switched to Aviva saving a few hundred quid. The important thing is to decide what you want covered and what you can live without. I am young enough to make a hospital stay unlikely (says he hopefully!), but I do have routine medical consults that makes outpatient benefits important. You may have other priorities, list them out and ring the brokers who can pare down the options, then take time to look them over in detail before you sign up. Inccidentally, i paid the same going thru Lyons as I would going to Aviva direct.

http://www.cornmarket.ie/
http://lfs.ie/

As I mentioned in other posts, the array of healthcare options is mind-boggling. I opted to ring two brokers in the field, Cornmarket, and Lyons Financial Services. I was with Laya and switched to Aviva saving a few hundred quid.....Incidentally, i paid the same going thru Lyons as I would going to Aviva direct.
The only issue there is that Aviva are the only ones that pay brokers commission (as confirmed by BB on another thread).

The only issue there is that Aviva are the only ones that pay brokers commission (as confirmed by BB on another thread).

True, one needs to take this into account, but the key ting they offer is a narrowing down of the options which a client can then analyse.

Back