Very Small Volume of Shares - how to sell

Tigger-Tigger

I have a Share Cert for 8 Shares valued at Can$210. I so want to sell them because of the nuisance €1.50 p/q dividend cheque I get. To sell I need a broker and would seem it will cost me more to sell them than hold them ?? Could this be true and if so any way around this ?

Is that C$ 210 worth or C$ 1,620?

If C$ 210 ( € 160) the costs of disposing of them will probably cost more than € 100 - is it worth it?

Could you donate them to a charity?
Might be a chance a stockbrokerage would sell them and give the money to the charity. Just a thought on my part, others might know more about this than I do.

Looked Davy and they charge in the region of €400 pa for an Execution Only account, unless I'm mistake. Where is he cheapaest place I can sell?

You could try contacting the Canadian company to see if they can sell them o your behalf

I imagine any Irish broker fees would be much the same as Davy - it is just not worth their time and trouble to sell C$ 200 worth of shares

Not sure the Charity will thank you - and it might end up costing them money to sell them

Which company handles the dividend payouts? Is there an online facility to handle the shares? If so you may be able to sell them directly through that company. Otherwise try contacting the company you have the shares in and see if they have a facility or can give you suggestions.

Which company handles the dividend payouts? Is there an online facility to handle the shares? If so you may be able to sell them directly through that company. Otherwise try contacting the company you have the shares in and see if they have a facility or can give you suggestions.
Computershare. They said they cant sell certificated accounts and advise contacting a broker :(

You could try contacting the Canadian company to see if they can sell them o your behalf

I imagine any Irish broker fees would be much the same as Davy - it is just not worth their time and trouble to sell C$ 200 worth of shares

Yes I could try that

Back