Very small amount of self employed income

mmclo

I used to do a lot of self employed work but no longer do. I have one item remaining rather akin to stipend of €2,000 which i believe to be taxable. However I am still making a full return each year. It's a lot of hassle. Is there an easy way of doing this (used to be a short form?) simply, the amount is relatively predictable but to all intents and purposes I am PAYE.

It arises now as I got married and would like to claim tax back for 2006 without waiting for October to make a return. Although as I write I suppose I could simply make the return early? I find revenue much more difficult to deal with of late.

As far as I know for non PAYE income of less than c. €3K p.a. you can have any liabilities dealt with through adjustment of your tax credits rather than remaining self assessed for that relatively small amount. Any difference between the estimated and actual amounts can be balanced out once the actual amount becomes clear. Just write to Revenue asking about this. Mind you - I did in an attempt to have none PAYE nominal income (ESPP discounts) dealt with in this way but heard nothing back from Revenue since... :(

Back