Venetian Hall, Killester

R

rmelly

Anyone know much about Venetian Hall in Killester? I have viewed a couple of apartments there, they seem okay, some are a bit small depending on the block I guess.

A few potential issues:

1. There appears to be a shortage of parking - there are cars parked up on the paths the whole way along.
2. There's graffiti on the walls on the way in that was there the last time I viewed an apartment (3 + months ago) - is it well managed?
3. What's the noise like from the train line for the apartments right beside it?
4. I was chatting to a resident near the bridge at mid day on a Saturday, a couple of guys in early 20's were walking out and were acting up (possibly drunk, started talking rubbish to us) - nothing major but not what I would have expected...is there a lane way to another estate (other than The Pines)?
5. What's the story with that ugly prefab building?

I used to rent in The Pines-really liked Killester. Parking seemed to be a bit of a problem (I didn't have a car at the time, but I remember that it was 'messy').

Never recall any trouble.

Don't think that the DART line was that noticeable.

Very handy for the DART and the 29a, 31 and 32 buses, and of course Killester itself.

My girlfriend lived in the apartments and a relation owns a house in The Pines, the houses at the back.

1. Problem with parking exists because cars get broken into when parked in designated spots at rear of buildings.
2. Graffiti and other social problems such as underage drinking behind trees/bushes, smashing of car windows, kicking of car mirrors off cars exist here. Most of the problems stem from the fact that there is a right of way lane way at the rear of the estate into Abbeyfield. There doesn't seem to have been much of a move to try to close this or it is difficult to get it closed, don't know for sure. My relation had a traffic cone thrown through the kitchen window, which sides onto the footpath, at about 3am one morning. The management companies are different for The Pines and Venetian Hall which doesn't help. I don't believe either are too active and there appears to be a large amount of cronyism going on in respect to contacts for maintenance. It's regular for The Pines management company to run out of funds, although very little work is done. Car probs are easily fixed if gates were erected at side of apartments and CCTV was installed yet there doesn't appear to be any move to do this. The problems exists for well in excess of 5 years. A large percentage of both The Pines and Venetian Hall are rented these days which comes which possible causes the lack of interest in sorting out problems. Venetian Hall, being somewhat older, would be some way down the rental list for apartments around the general Clontarf/Killester area.
3. I found Dart very loud. My girlfriend did not, saying that she got used to it soon enough. I guess it depends on how light a sleeper you are.
4. Yes there is a lane way as per 2 which is the root cause of most problems.
5. Not familiar with pre-fab.

On the positive side, it's a well located development with close proximity to Killester Dart station. If the number owner/occupiers increases and there is a will to tackle the issues, such as lane way and CCTV, gates on side car parks then the issues should be easily resolved. The lane way is the biggest prob IMO.

I m looking for the name of the management company in venetian hall, does anyone have the contact details for them. I need to get a meter read for my esb meter. any info would be great. thanks

The pines

Hi guys,
I notice this thread is from 2006. I am thinking of renting an apartment in the pines and am alarmed by what I read here. Are the social problems mentioned above still an issue robd?
Any contributions appreciated,
Thanks
Mick

Only noticing your question now so possibly a bit late.

Place seems to have settled somewhat. Problems generally only occur on long summer evenings and are teenage related. Current groups of teenagers seem to have grown up and moved on. The specific problem I mentioned re window occurs mainly cause of proximity to said laneway. The 2 houses closest to laneway at back of Pines get a small bit of grief as such. The act as a funnel for the trouble you could say. House now has toughened double glazed safety glass throughout so shouldn't be a problem now.

Back