Vending Machines - Dublin Airport.

BOXtheFOX

Travelled through Dublin Airport last week. Yet again one of the water vending machines swallowed up my money without giving me the water that I had paid for. I didn't notice any "contact details" on the machine. As this is the second time that this has happened to me recently I am getting pretty peed off at donating €1.60 a go. Does anyone know who has responsibility for the machines?

This is the same airport that put it's one and only foreign currency ATM in the arrivals area. What do you expect?

There is usually a number on the vending machine that you can call to speak to a company rep. I'm sure if you approach anyone in the DAA they will say that they are not responsible for the machines...

2 weeks ago I was in Bus Aras in Dublin and bought a mint aero. However it came out in liquid form! When I put my hand on it to pick it up it squirted out through the wrapper. It was then that I noticed that the glass of the machine was rather warm.

I had time to kill while I was waiting for a bus to Galway so I decided to call the number on the machine - eventually got through to report the fault. They logged the complaint and even tried to arrange sending me out a refund!

And for those of you wondering what happened to the mint aero... I kept it and put in the freezer. A little distorted but tasty nonetheless. :D

And for those of you wondering what happened to the mint aero... I kept it and put in the freezer. A little distorted but tasty nonetheless. :D
Did you keep the aluminium wrapper to sell for scrap as well? :p

This is the same airport that put it's one and only foreign currency ATM in the arrivals area. What do you expect?

I was in the airport a few weeks ago and used an FX ATM in the Departures area. It was at the side of the FX Desk near the escalator.

I emailed Aer Rianta Retail and asked them to provide me with contact details of who is responsible for the vending machines.........still waiting for a response.

Just pondering.....given that liquids can't be brought through security (more or less), wonder is there any logic of having vending machines for water, cola etc on the departures floor? There can't be many non-travellers hanging round there any more, and those travelling head straight for security (as we're told to do!)....are they going to drink a bottle of cola before they go through?

Wonder have sales plummeted on the landside machines since the new restrictions came in?

Just pondering.....given that liquids can't be brought through security (more or less)
We travelled to Portugal (and back) recently and put the cooler bag containing several milk filled baby's bottles (more than 100ml, not sealed, not presented in separate clear plastic bags etc.) through the scanners in Dublin and Faro and nothing happened (i.e. no questions, no reprimands, no tasting, no confiscations etc.). I did mention to both sets of security staff that the bag contained liquids but they didn't seem interested. The bottles could have contained anything (e.g. killer milk :rolleyes: ). Those so called security measures are a bit of a joke in my opinion and merely serve to increase costs and inconvenience (although not the latter in this case).

Some relatives also flew into Faro from London last week and were seated behind a child who was waving a pair of scissors around for some of the flight. I don't think that the child managed to hijack the plane though.

Back