Vegas Hotel Suggestions

Cheers for that... I'm heading off Friday morning...
I'll let ye know how I get on..
Thanks for all the replys

Cheers for that... I'm heading off Friday morning...
I'll let ye know how I get on..
Thanks for all the replys

Have a great time! Matt Cooper had a feature on Vegas today funnily enough...he had Tony Fenton on who was there recently.
I'd echo other posters views. I've been there twice. Once with my other half, when we stayed in the Bellagio which was out of this world.
The other time was with the lads and we went for New York New York which was great fun.

Fenton recommended 5 things to do which I would echo...

1. Helicopter over Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon
2. Go to a show...I saw Elton John and Penn&Teller-both good.
3. Dinner in the Stratosphere restaurant
4. Go up the Eiffel Tower and watch the Bellagio fountains from there.
5. Get a hot air balloon down the other canyon

I'd recommend a restaurant in the Bellagio called Olives...on the left as you come in from the Caesars Palace side. Fantastic food.
Apparantly 11 of the worlds top 20 chefs work in Vegas!

And go to the Hard Rock hotel to hang out...the bars in NYNY are good fun, as is Studio 54 nightclun in the MGM Grand.

Enjoy!

And go to the Hard Rock hotel to hang out...the bars in NYNY are good fun, as is Studio 54 nightclun in the MGM Grand.
The hard rock is def worth popping out for a look, but I'd suggest getting a cab there and back. Was told some of the areas around it aren't the best (was late at night when we were there so can't confirm or deny that personally). The BJ dealers out there were very kind when I called out there :p

We were lucky enough to be able to catch the World Series of Poker when we were out there and a huge UFC fight added some fun too. Try and check out now if there is anything of (personal) interest on while you'll be there so you may be able to organise it in advance.

The real reason for the post.... right next to NY NY, on the strip side, you'll find a small little (plastic paddy) Irish Bar (Five Fine Irishmen?? not sure of the name but you can't miss it. The entry is through NY NY). A bit cheesy (it is Vegas) but the Guinness in there was actually very, VERY, good (I usually don't touch it outside of a few regular spots). Although it did seem wrong to be paying more than a tip for a drink! we sat out the back and watched as the strip passed by.

Hey this thread is super and so well timed: my hubbie turns 40 next week and we'll be waking up in Vegas to celebrate. I've surprised him with a 4 day trip to vegas, staying in the Bellagio and then flying overnight to new york arriving in at 7am St. Patricks Day for 2 days!
Party on!!!

I had a great time... My only regret was the time I left between the connecting flights, we were in Newark for nearly 7 hours & it was -5 degrees outside...
Otherwise had a great time.

I had a great time... My only regret was the time I left between the connecting flights, we were in Newark for nearly 7 hours & it was -5 degrees outside...
Otherwise had a great time.
Really can't wait to get the opportunity to go back. As far as a holiday goes you can't get much more of a break from reality than a trip to Vegas.

In relation to the flights, I've always found this flight search engine, http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/, great for highlighting long layovers or tight connections... though it doesn't predict -5 weather conditions.
It's also managed to find me the cheapest flight on numerous trips that I/family have taken (I've actually yet to see it beaten for any flight I've searched on it, matched a few times, but not beaten).

Its late so maybe I've missed it along the way......but where did you end up staying ? And would you recommend?

Back