Vat on food services and hairdressers down to 9%

The price of a haircut is ridiculous.
I've cut my own hair since 2009.
It's not difficult, unless people enjoy another man doing their hair.
 
I'll never understand the justification for this tax break...

and I dread to think of the nonsense that we'll have to listen to, if the Government ever tries to increase the vat rate, again.
 
Why just men?
Good question. Imagine having so few troubles in life that you would worry about the chromosomes of your barber! :D

Good to see new vet colleges announced but vet services are still 23% - we should surely be encouraging people to bring their animals for regular check ups, have them neutered, etc.

I was very surprised to read that sunscreen is considered a luxury/non-essential product and EU regulations will not allow it to be zero-rated for VAT: Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe says it’s ‘not possible’ to remove sunscreen from highest Vat rate
 
I dub this the Budget for Chippers and Snippers

And nippers?

Bill Tyson picked up on this in today's Mail on Sunday.

1760284408907.webp
 
Lennon & McCartney were footballers' wives and girlfriends, or is that wags in the old-fashioned sense of witty, humorous people?
 
Back
Top