Van Hire - South Co. Dublin

Jesper

Hi

Looking to hire a van for a weekday to move out of my apartment - can anyone advise as to a reasonable van hire company on southside specifically or in Dublin generally?

Many thanks

Hi Jesper

we used www.vanrentals.ie - we ended up having to move ourselves as we couldn't guarantee to the removals company what time we'd have the keys. My BF did the driving which I was nervous about (for him) but he was grand - it was a pretty decent size truck and between himself, and our two dads, they managed to get everything into it so they only had to do one trip....

Had no problem with the above company, it was very cut and dried and they were located near to where we were moving to, so very handy :)

M

I've used Enterprise Rentals a few times now. They're on Pottery Road, Dun Laoghaire. I found them very good to deal with and they were the cheapest of the companies I called.

This guy has his own removal company - Rick O'Shea - 0862616430. I found him to be great value and very helpful. If you haven't already made up your mind about the van-hire thing, I'd give him a call, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with the quote he'll give.....

You should give Prestige van rentals a call. They are located near the M50. I have rented from them a few times and they were much cheaper because I could transfer my own car insurance over to cover the van when using it - a novel idea. BTW, I have no link with Prestige whatsoever except that I am just a satisfied customer.

I would second that recommendation for Prestige Van Rentals, they are in Palmerstown. I used them twice last year when I was moving house. Transferring your own car insurance is much cheaper than buying the rental company's insurance. Think it costs about €65 per day for a LWB Transit. BTW I have no connection with them.

Back