Valuer for Buy to Let purpose

hapens

I have a property which is probably quite valuable from a buy to let perspective. The yield from rent would put it a fair bit above what a typical house in the area would go for. I want to make sure before I decide to sell or not to sell that I'm not wasting everyone's time putting it up and looking for a price I won't get or alternatively hanging onto it when there's a price out there for it which would make sense for me to sell at. I have a specific price in mind at which I'll sell, I think it's probably unlikely I'll get that price but it won't be far off.

I want to get an agent who knows what they're talking about and could offer an accurate valuation and could say with confidence what I could sell for.

Not sure if recommendations are allowed here but if anyone knows anyone who is good at this in south Dublin city post here or PM me. Thanks.

Potential rental yield will most likely be reflected in all property prices regardless of what the final purpose is so unless your house is very different from other houses in the area the property price register will be as good an estimate as any.

If it is the case your house is very different from the others then it can't help to get a couple of valuations. I wouldn't limit myself to one valuation. I get enough junk mail to suggest they are all happy to offer free valuations. This will give you the opportunity to meet the agent first hand but also guage their view on the market and any knowledge they might have on potential buyers looking in the area.

Word of warning on the potential demand for BTLs, the general view seems to be smaller landlords are leaving the market. Appealing to owner occupiers might be a safer bet/more relevant, especially in the current market.

I want to get an agent who knows what they're talking about and could offer an accurate valuation and could say with confidence what I could sell for.

You are asking the impossible. You will probably find an agent who says it with confidence, but it's misplaced confidence. There is just no way of knowing. There might be a lot of interest or there might be no interest.

which is probably quite valuable from a buy to let perspective. The yield from rent would put it a fair bit above what a typical house in the area would go for.

Are you saying that this house would get more rent than other houses in the area would get?

Or, are you saying that it's more valuable as a rental than as a home?

Unless it's a house in separate units, I think that it's roughly the same market.

Brendan

Yes the house is worth significantly more as a rental property to pretty much any other house in the area. Significant extension and number of double ensuite rooms and living area is unusual, very little in the area is comparable. The house would sell for significantly more than the average for the area, at the highest end, to an owner occupying not considering rental possibilities.

Back