Valuations in a separation case

Discussion in 'Askaboutlaw' started by Thanos0, Jan 4, 2018.

  1. Thanos0

    Thanos0 Frequent Poster

    I have a question about separation.

    Judge asks both person a and person b for joint assessment on property 1 and property 2.

    Person b informs person a that they intend to value property 1 and property 2 separately.

    Person a accepts this.

    Person b values both properties.

    Person a values property 1 but discovered that locks are changed on property 2.

    Person b refuses to allow person a to value both properties.

    Both persons a and b live at property 1, in different rooms.

    Person a has asked person b for keys for property 2 to value property 2.

    Despite the court order, person b tries to impose all sorts of conditions in order for person a's auctioneer entry.

    Both properties are marital assets.

    What should person a do?
  2. Vanessa

    Vanessa Frequent Poster

    In these type cases Judges do not look very favourably on unreasonable behaviour by a party.
    I suggest that you send a letter by registered mail to the other party requesting entry in order that you could comply with the Courts order. In the event of a refusal or no reply just wait until the next Court date and then inform the Judge of the position.
    Do not do anything rash or engage in any verbal confrontation
    Purple likes this.