Vacuum Cleaner that can be used for ash from fire

Conshine

You can buy those things that you plug your vacuum into and you can then clean out the fireplace. But the thing is that you need two appliances.

Is there a vacuum cleaner out there that will do both jobs does anybody know?

Keep away from it. i just dumped one. Take out the ask with a ash bucket with a lid on it. Much less messy.

Keep away from it. i just dumped one.

You dumped one of those things that you plug the vacuum into?
That bad are they?

I empty out the tray of ash, thats fine, but its all the other bits that are not easy to get to every day, you have to take the front off and get down on your knees and get it all out by hand. A vacuum that you can just suck it all up with would be ideal, but it seems there is no device that doubles up as a household vacuum cleaner as well. I just dont want to have two appliances, mainly due to space.

Or are you saying you dumped one of these combi-vacuums?

You dumped one of those things that you plug the vacuum into?
That bad are they?

They are very poorly made, I brought the one I bought back to the shop after the suction tube fell apart
They said that lots were being returned and they would not restock them.

It is a good idea if a better one could be made available.

I bought one of these last year that had its own vacuum motor on it. It was not worth the money. Kept blocking and the filter would get blocked full of ash and loose vacuum.

The problem is that ash is so fine it'll get through most filters and damage the vacuum.

LIDL have a Parkside ash attachment for sale occasionally, as a special. Basically you plug your vacuum into the ash attachment, which is like a seperate container for the ash, with it's own hose... the idea is that the ash get sucked into the ash attachment, where it falls out of the air stream, and hence the ash never gets as far as the vacuum. That's the design as far as I know, but I'm not sure if it'll work well.. the ash is simply too fine and will eventually block or clog most filters. Sucking up ash will probably invalidate your vacuum warranty. .this is just a guess, but if the manufactures are on the ball I'd say they'd include that.

A dustpan and brush is the best really, and just use the vacuum for the remainder... no need to clean under the grille thing perfectly... there is a tendency to do that, but it's just going to get messy again once you light a fire.

Back